WHAT'S THE MUSEUM ABOUT?
The museum is a one-of-a-kind experience that explores the economy and money in a fun and interactive way.
PARKING AND MASS TRANSIT
The Economy Museum is wheelchair-accessible. We do not provide wheelchairs for use during visits.
Exhibits are ADA compliant.
- To keep our facilities as safe as possible, all visitors with symptoms associated with COVID-19 or any other transmittable illnesses should avoid visiting the Economy Museum. View Visiting the St. Louis Fed for more.
- The St. Louis Fed is a secure facility. All visitors over 18 must present a valid government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport. X-ray screening and metal detection are required for all who enter the building. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors can enter the museum until 2:50 p.m. Allow about one hour for your tour. The museum closes at 3 p.m.
- Food and drink cannot be brought into the building (except during scheduled school field trips).
- Flash photography is permitted for personal use inside the museum only.
- The museum is smoke-free. Tobacco products, as well as vapor or e-cigarettes, are not allowed.
- Weapons and dangerous items, including pocket knives, firearms (even if licensed), explosives, hazardous materials, and illegal drugs are prohibited on Bank premises.
The Bank reserves the right to deny anyone access to the building. In the event of heightened security requirements, we may close to the public at any time.
Before you head out, stop by the museum gift shop and pick-up your free shredded money souvenir, take some of our complimentary economic education resources and business publications, and shop our gift-worthy merchandise. The shop sells numerous items bearing the museum’s logo, including T-shirts, tote bags, sunglasses, umbrellas, rain ponchos, plush toys, pencils and magnets.
The gift shop accepts major credit cards and cash. It is open weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., excluding holidays.